Thursday 7 July 2011

Airtricity League XI manager Damien Richardson confirmed at Uefa Super Cup

Airtricity League XI manager Damien Richardson confirmed that the Uefa Super Cup in Dublin next to the former Republic of Ireland captain Kenny Cunningham will be his assistant.

V Festival


At the Aviva Stadium the four-team tournament will also see Celtic, Manchester City and Inter Milan in action on 30/31 July.

Looking forward to the tournament, the Dubliner said: I've done my UEFA A licence and Pro-Licence in Dublin and have come to know many of the managers in the league through that so I've been up to speed with what has been going on in the Airtricity League.

'I worked with the likes of Martin Russell, Eddie Gormley, Liam Buckley and John Devine and was always very interested in their viewpoints about the game here, the league and the players in it.

'This year I've attended a lot more games through my involvement with RTE's MNS show and I've really enjoyed getting to the games myself and learning more about the league. I always kept in touch with the game here while I was in England but it is completely different when you are actually attending the matches.

'I saw the tournament advertised before I got the call from Damien to work with him and I thought it captured the imagination. With the likes of Manchester City, Inter Milan and Celtic involved, you are talking massive names.'

No comments:

Post a Comment